We all have heard people complaining about Twitter being noisy or being full of self-centric low-quality messages. To many, Twitter might be only that, but to a few, it is a life improvement experience. They report that under specific conditions, Twitter is actually helping them to relax if not to meditate.
So far it is a well kept secret and no word has filtered. Yet we think the good in social media tools must also be shared with the readers of this blog. This post describes the 5 pragmatic steps and conditions to turn Twitter into a life empowering practice bringing you concentration, clear thinking and empowerment: the Zen Tweeting Break.
- The very first step is to create a specific account for your Twitter meditation. Pick a pseudo that is an anagram of your real name + the word Zen. Here is an anagram generator to help you in this task. Play with second names, surnames, initials but make sure your pseudo radiate with positive vibes – mine could be Mineral Bezel –
- Pick an avatar – design one or pick one in a data base, what matters here is that it is YOUR choice.
- Follow Twitter users practicing the Zen Tweeting break with positive thoughts. It is likely they will follow you in return with the same good spirit. To find such users, you might use search.twitter.com and look for keywords “#zentweetingbreak“.
- Get a prime number of followers: now this one is a little tricky. The good numbers are 2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29 31 37 41 43 47 53 59 61 67 71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109 113 etc. The more followers you have the longer Zen Tweeting Break periods you get.
- Start your Zen Tweeting Break: Now here comes the final step and it so simple you will never believe it – take our word, try it! To start the Zen Tweeting break, you just need to Tweet with the following syntax:
“I’m on a #zentweetingbreak – please join me and RT”.
Now, breathe deeply, do not move, just look at the Zen Tweets scrolling. Concentrate on the growing silence inside you, concentrate on the breathing and say “tweeeet” slowly from time to time. The pause will go on until the last Zen Tweeting message.
There is but one last thing you need to know before starting your own Zen Tweeting Quest: the Zen Tweet-etiquette requires that you should retweet any #zentweetingbreak message that you receive and start your Zen Tweeting break right away!
See? This was good! This was relaxing! The more practice you get the easier it will be and the more benefits you will get on your health, your wrists and your concentration. Zen Tweeting Master’s with thousands of followers have up to 8 hours of Zen a day. This power is yours to use!
Happy Zen Tweet to you!